Friday, August 8, 2008

Why is it?

Why is it that other peoples food looks better than our own? Especially our kids' food! Well, I am no longer allowing myself to "pick" off of Ben's plate. That is one way I will know I won't snack mindlessly. Hope this idea can work for you too.

3 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

I have struggles with the same thing. Everyone's food always looks more appetizing but I don't allow myself to think about it. I just have to keep thinking...get skinny, get skinny. LOL

Brimaca said...

I usually give M food off my plate and we always eat the same meals that way if I do eat his food it was already in my portion size. I cook two chicken breasts and give him half of one and keep the other half. For example: If he is full after his half I don't feel too bad eating one more half a chicken breast.

Getting Slim Chicks said...

Oooh -britt, I like that idea! That way, you'll never go over your portions, but could possibly go under -if he eats more. I like it!