Friday, August 8, 2008

Snack Attack!

So I have started the good habit of buying fresh veggies and chopping them up as soon as I get home to have for snacks. I LOVE veggies already, but I can't always fight temptation to snack on the junk around the house (which is now less and less) if I don't have a healthy alternative. (I let myself have Ranch on the side to dip it in, I just don't drown the veggies in it). I am finding that I have WAY more self control, 'cause I have options, I just have to simply make the right choice...and I can usually do that.
These are some of my other snacks that I LOVE. They are great just to take care of those chocolate, or salt cravings. MMMMmmmmm. I adore all the weight watchers snacks by the way. They are awesome and are loaded with fiber. They can get pricey, so they aren't always an option, but I reccommend them to anyone easing into a whole change of habits --if you don't want to go cold turkey on treats.

2 comments:

Lalani said...

I have two treats ideas to add. I buy the giant bars of chocolate, break them up, and then freeze them. Usually, a small square or two is perfect for a craving, and doesn't kill a diet.

Secondly, I find that if I suck on a candy like a Werther's, it satisfies my craving for something sweet, and I don't even want a second one.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Yay for weight watchers and their figure friendly treats! :) Something that I eat that helps with my sweet tooth is a Clemetine mandarin orange from the fridge. They are sweet and refreshing. :)