I may leave a tip each day, or just when I feel like it. :) Feel free to do the same! I've been thinking a lot about why I was successful in losing the weight this time. Honestly, I'm not really sure why. One reason is a lady who lives down the street from me (we also attend the same church) is taller and bigger boned like me, and she did it. She looked amazing. I wanted to look amazing too.
Many in my congregation also exercise a lot. I wanted to prove to myself I could be better. And I have been. I started exercising 6 days a week for at least a half hour back in November 2008. Since then I've only missed a few days here and there.
In January 2009 I went to the doctor. I had made many changes to my diet. I made sure we had a green vegetable with lunch and dinner always, I had also upped our fruit intake, I was exercising, and I had seen little change. It was struggling not to give up.
So now here is tip #1 for today. This is what he told me:
For many people it takes three months for your metabolism to change. Keep up what you are doing for three months. If you don't start seeing change at that point, join a diet program such as South Beach. (I don't like the South Beach Diet, any deprivation diet is not for me, so I went with Weight Watchers.)
At three months the weight started coming off. And it kept coming off. I go through stages where I only maintain for a few weeks, but eventually it starts coming off again. I joined Weight Watchers (which I was pretty much using unofficially) when I felt I needed more motivation and it worked. You get great ideas at the meetings.
Which leads to tip #2:
Sparkpeople.com is a free website you can join that sends you emails every day. The emails are just like Weight Watchers meetings. They give you ideas on healthy food, inspiration, motiviation. The only things they don't have that the WW meetings have is the community of people and the motivation of weighing in each week.
I'll try to make the other tips shorter! I get carried away sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sweet! Good job Brittany! I am so happy for you and I love that you will be updating again. :)
I love spark people! that is what i have been using for a few years now. I like that you can plug in your food and get the fat and protien for the day so i can keep those in check. I never get enough protien if i am not activly watching it! also there are great mini workouts on there when i feel blah i can watch a 10 minute one on line in the morning to wake up! You are inspiring with your weight loss! great blog
Post a Comment