Well folks I haven't posted in awhile. Things got busy, I got overwhelmed, my feet hurt, and I've been on a plateau. I haven't wanted to blog about not losing. However, I feel it's important to share all aspects of the journey.
We are trying to get pregnant. In doing so, I have lost my motivation for weight loss. Not completely, because when I started this journey it was a life-time commitment. I am still trying to eat healthy and I still exercise. I just haven't cut back calories enough to burn more than I am eating at this point.
It's kinda been a bummer. I'm not pregnant, and I'm not thinner. But it's my own fault so I am picking it back up. I have at least four weeks to loose the weight - sooooo....it's back to the grind. I want to loose 8 lbs in this next four weeks. Then I will be 194 this time next month. Below 200 for the first time in 12 years. Wish me luck! Better yet, pray for me. I know God wants me to be healthy too.
On a good note...........I have the best of two worlds right now. I fit in the smallest of the plus sizes (size 16) and the largest of the small sizes. I have the best shopping options ever! I also am fairly happy with my body shape - things fit nicely.
_____________________________________________________
Spark People people! I really enjoy Spark people. Sign up - it's free! Here's what they had to say today about Holiday Treats.
Avoid: (because they are terribly high in calories)
Pumpkin flavored baked goods.
Hot seasonal beverages (this mainly referred to coffee lattes - which most (not all) of you don't drink anyway)
Caramel Apple Anything
Chocolate Fun Size candies (read the labels on the big bag and keep track of calories and fat).
_________________
And no surprise here, exercise can help you get better quicker.
A few weeks ago I had the flu. It sucked. I still exercised moderately. My flu lasted four our five days. My hubby got the same flu (ssshhh....don't say I said that, he thinks his was much worse) and he had it for two weeks and didn't handle it nearly as well. I really felt it was because I worked out before I got it and during. And then Spark People confirmed my suspicions. Exercising does keep you from getting sick and also helps you to get better quicker.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know what it feels like to be in your shoes. I was starting to loss weight at the beginning of this year and then we decided to get pregnant. I lost my motivation too. Now 10 months later I am still not pregnant and only have lost 10 lbs. We can do this!! I'm here for you.
Weight Watchers has a great chocolate caramel bar for only 1 point. That is my treat!
Well I just had my baby and its been two weeks so I feel I need to get back to exercising. I exercised while I was pregnant but took a break after giving birth. I still can't comment on this blog so I guess I will have to do my loss of baby weight in the comment section. So today is the first day of my journey back to what my weight was before and my goal to lose a little more.
Thanks Britt for your insights and good luck with your weight loss and getting pregnant!
I wonder why you can't post. DId you get my email where I sent the login infor again?
Two weeks is a short break girl. Start slow ok!
Post a Comment